8/19/2014

Five years of Humbug

Officially, the third studio album by Arctic Monkeys.
For me, a masterpiece and the coolest hairstyles they'll have. If I could shake hands with them while saying 'Great job, mates', I'll do it.


There are thousands of reasons why I love this album but the most essential thing is, in two words: BASS LINES.

It's very important and enjoyable, at least for me, when the bass has a starring role in a song and I can't believe these songs are from 5 years ago! I mean, compared to their other albums, the sound is so different that I never get bored of it.

Now, five of my favourites bass lines from the album are in: 

1. Crying Lightning
2. Secret Door
3. My Propeller
4. Potion Approaching
5. Dance Little Liar

Humbug has a heavier sound, so If you're looking for something softer take a look at the other albums by Arctic Monkeys (the last two are the sweetestes). Nick O'Malley is an amazing bassist, so he won't disappoint you.

This one could be my favourite 21st century album, but the fact that all of the albums by Arctic Monkeys are from this century makes the decision harder.

Did I mention the hairstyles, right?

(From left to right: Alex Turner, Jamie Cook, Nick O'Malley, Matt Helders)

Happy birthday, Humbug!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...